We have been working hard alongside the Town of Grimsby who has granted us approval to reopen with a number of restrictions under the Phase 1 COVID-19 Guidelines and ensure we are abiding to the social distancing procedures established by Premier Ford. The Club is open as of Saturday, May 30th for Court Bookings.
Please read the Reopening Guidelines thoroughly to ensure you understand the restrictions before deciding if you are going to register.
More information will be shared with members as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience as we try and navigate these unprecedented times.
Highlights of Changes to Club Access (Phase 1)
We are asking all members to please review and familiarize yourselves with the following protocols and instructions before completing your membership application.
• Reopening Guidelines for the Grimsby Tennis Club o Please read the guidelines thoroughly as these new rules are NOT an option. Printed copies will be made available at the Club.
• Court Bookings Instructions o ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW MANDATORY
o A key part of the detailed plan is to ensure we always know who is on the courts. This supports accountability and contact tracing (booking a court is the only way to play)
o Only members who sign up will be allowed to play!
o Please read the Court Booking Instructions found on our website and on GigaSports to learn how to book a court
• There is NO public access to the courts • There are NO Guests allowed
• The Clubhouse will be completely closed at this time until further notice
• Access to the washrooms is NOT available
Phase 1 Club Hours (Available for Members to Play)
• ALL Courts are available from 7 AM to 9 AM and from 5 to 11 PM
• On Weekends and Long weekends ALL Courts are available from 7 AM to 11 PM
• New for 2020 - during the week from 9 AM to 5 PM courts 1 & 2 are ONLY available
• From 6 – 9 PM on Mondays and Tuesdays, ALL Courts are assigned for the following: o Mondays will be reserved for Ladies only
o Tuesdays will be reserved for Men only
PLEASE NOTE: As per the Town of Grimsby, no member is to play on court 3 & 4 from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday to Friday! Tennis Courts are open for CLUB MEMBER access only. Public opening times to come. Visit for updates.
• Membership Application Forms can be found on our website
• A detailed email has been sent to members regarding instructions for this year's
membership; Any new members can contact Nadia (Membership Director)
at for further instructions and obtain a
• Prices have been outlined in the application form, as well as our website. With
lower expenses for the 2020 season, we have been able to pass some of these
savings along to our members.
Thank you to all members for your patience and understanding as the GTC begins its
season under new COVID-19 protocols set out by the Club’s Executive and approved
by the Town of Grimsby. Take the time to study and familiarize yourself with these
policies before you renew your membership and step on the courts. The COVID-19
protocols set by the Club are mandatory for all members and must be followed.
The Town of Grimsby reserves the right to withdraw their approval (and lock the
gates) if any of our membership do not follow all the guidelines in our detailed
plan. Please be respectful to others and follow the protocols set in place by the
Executive Team. We all want to be able to enjoy some tennis!
On behalf of the GTC Board of Directors, we truly appreciate your support.